London, Aug 6: According to a singer named Rebecca Francescatti, Lady Gaga's hit song "Judas" is a total rip-off of her 1999 song called ... wait for it ... "Juda".
Rebecca is suing Gaga in federal court, and claims the similarities between the two songs are not a coincidence. Her theory behind that claim?
Her former bass player, Brian Gaynor, is now employed by the music company that authored 17 songs for Gaga's most recent album, Born This Way.
"Though the songs are different styles, the composition is the same and the chorus is the same melody," said an attorney for Rebecca Francescatti.
"[Rebecca] is seeking recognition for what she created." Francescatti, who sings under the name Rebecca F., is suing Gaga for unspecified damages.
No comment from Lady Gaga's camp as of yet.
From Our Network
- Isro to launch 22 satellites in one mission next month
- Kanpur shocker: Bankrupt man puts wife at stake in IPL bet, loses her
- To deliver on black money promise, PM Modi may visit Switzerland
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi
- Bihar Board Class 10 results to be declared shortly, check it here