London, Aug 6: According to a singer named Rebecca Francescatti, Lady Gaga's hit song "Judas" is a total rip-off of her 1999 song called ... wait for it ... "Juda".
Rebecca is suing Gaga in federal court, and claims the similarities between the two songs are not a coincidence. Her theory behind that claim?
Her former bass player, Brian Gaynor, is now employed by the music company that authored 17 songs for Gaga's most recent album, Born This Way.
"Though the songs are different styles, the composition is the same and the chorus is the same melody," said an attorney for Rebecca Francescatti.
"[Rebecca] is seeking recognition for what she created." Francescatti, who sings under the name Rebecca F., is suing Gaga for unspecified damages.
No comment from Lady Gaga's camp as of yet.
From Our Network
- Delhi to get 1,000 Wi-Fi hotspot spots by year end
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Did UK’s old outdo their young? Survey claims those who will live longest with decision never wanted to leave
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share stage with Oscar-winning actor Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Watch: When Anil Kumble put country before self and bowled with a broken jaw