New Jersey, Feb 20: Whitney Houston was laid to rest at a private ceremony in New Jersey on Sunday.
Earlier the hearse with her coffin left the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark, followed by limousines carrying close family and friends.
Houston was buried at the cemetery in Westfield where her father was interred in 2003.
Crowds of onlookers gathered along the route to her gravesite as the police-escorted motorcade made its way to the cemetery.
Houston died on 11 February in Beverly Hills, California, on the eve of the Grammy music awards aged 48.
No cause of death has yet been determined.
From Our Network
- CBSE Class X results declared, check it here
- Flipkart effect: IITs, IIMs to draft new guidelines for placements
- Hindu-Muslim couple convinced families for 3 years, married thrice
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership
- Pakistan’s F-16 deal with US expires amid row over financing: Report