Georgia, Oct 19: Authorities say hip-hop star Soulja Boy is facing a drug charge after police stopped his rental car in the west Georgia town of Temple on Interstate 20.
Temple Police Chief Tim Shaw tells The Associated Press that police stopped the rented Cadillac Escalade early Tuesday morning because a light wasn't working. He said officers found marijuana inside.
The artist, also known as DeAndre Cortez Way, was booked into the Carroll County Jail on charges of marijuana and firearms possession. He was subsequently released on $10,000 bond.
Shaw said that based on what he knows of the arrest, all five occupants of the car were very cordial.
Carroll County officials say Way was represented by attorney Kip Jones, who had no comment when contacted.
From Our Network
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Abhishek Bachchan reacts to reports of wife Aishwarya’s pregnancy
- Choppergate fallout: Govt scraps Rs 1,200 crore deal to procure Torpedoes for submarines
- Rishi Kapoor gives epic reply to Congress supporters who named a Sulabh toilet after him
- What makes Chabahar port a ‘strategic asset’ for India against both China and Pakistan?