Georgia, Oct 19: Authorities say hip-hop star Soulja Boy is facing a drug charge after police stopped his rental car in the west Georgia town of Temple on Interstate 20.
Temple Police Chief Tim Shaw tells The Associated Press that police stopped the rented Cadillac Escalade early Tuesday morning because a light wasn't working. He said officers found marijuana inside.
The artist, also known as DeAndre Cortez Way, was booked into the Carroll County Jail on charges of marijuana and firearms possession. He was subsequently released on $10,000 bond.
Shaw said that based on what he knows of the arrest, all five occupants of the car were very cordial.
Carroll County officials say Way was represented by attorney Kip Jones, who had no comment when contacted.
From Our Network
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- 24 Ads & 100 crores: No! Hollywood has not helped Priyanka Chopra in multiplying her brand value
- 5 interesting facts about Dinesh Karthik & Dipika Pallikal's wedding
- Hrithik Roshan is travelling back in time for ‘Mohenjo Daro’. Here’s how!
- Radhika Apte was offered sex comedies after ‘Badlapur’, thinks it’s because she ‘stripped’ in the thriller