Los Angeles, Feb 14: Director Michael Bay plans a fresh take on shape-shifting robots with the fourth installment in his “Transformers” franchise.
Paramount Pictures announced Monday night that Bay will return to direct the next chapter in the blockbuster sci-fi series, due in theaters June 29, 2014.
Bay's third movie based on the Hasbro toy line, “Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” came out last summer and took in $1.1 billion worldwide.
The studio's announcement said the next “Transformers” will be a new take—which probably is necessary since star Shia LaBeouf said last summer that he would not return for a fourth movie.
The “Transformers” sequel is part of a two-picture deal for Bay at Paramount. First, he'll direct Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson in the crime tale “Pain and Gain.”
From Our Network
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- Happy Holidays: Superstar Rajinikanth chilling in US with family
- Candid Confession: When Abhishek shied away from taking Aradhya’s responsibility and said ‘bye’ to Ash
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- Telugu Cinema witnesses turmoil as fans of film stars abuse each other on Internet