Los Angeles, Feb 14: Director Michael Bay plans a fresh take on shape-shifting robots with the fourth installment in his “Transformers” franchise.
Paramount Pictures announced Monday night that Bay will return to direct the next chapter in the blockbuster sci-fi series, due in theaters June 29, 2014.
Bay's third movie based on the Hasbro toy line, “Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” came out last summer and took in $1.1 billion worldwide.
The studio's announcement said the next “Transformers” will be a new take—which probably is necessary since star Shia LaBeouf said last summer that he would not return for a fourth movie.
The “Transformers” sequel is part of a two-picture deal for Bay at Paramount. First, he'll direct Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson in the crime tale “Pain and Gain.”
From Our Network
- 'Junooniyat' is entirely different from 'Sanam Re', says Yami Gautam
- Bipasha Basu speaks up on being Karan Singh Grover’s ‘third wife’ and his past
- Huge solar storms helped foster life on Earth, says NASA
- 10 Times Rakhi Sawant Blew Our Mind With Her Epic Statements
- 2nd anniversary celebrations: Govt ropes in Amitabh Bachchan to host five-hour event at India Gate on May 28