Los Angeles, Feb 14: Director Michael Bay plans a fresh take on shape-shifting robots with the fourth installment in his “Transformers” franchise.
Paramount Pictures announced Monday night that Bay will return to direct the next chapter in the blockbuster sci-fi series, due in theaters June 29, 2014.
Bay's third movie based on the Hasbro toy line, “Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” came out last summer and took in $1.1 billion worldwide.
The studio's announcement said the next “Transformers” will be a new take—which probably is necessary since star Shia LaBeouf said last summer that he would not return for a fourth movie.
The “Transformers” sequel is part of a two-picture deal for Bay at Paramount. First, he'll direct Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson in the crime tale “Pain and Gain.”
From Our Network
- Shah Rukh Khan has a ‘patriotic’ reason for not going to Hollywood
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- What? Rahat Fateh Ali Khan has replaced Arijit Singh for Salman Khan’s Sultan?
- 5 interesting facts about Dinesh Karthik & Dipika Pallikal's wedding
- Radhika Apte was offered sex comedies after ‘Badlapur’, thinks it’s because she ‘stripped’ in the thriller