Los Angeles, Dec 14: “Five Easy Pieces” producer Bert Schneider, credited for inspiring a “New Hollywood” band of independent filmmakers, has died in Los Angeles at 78.
Daughter Audrey Simon tells the Los Angeles Times that Schneider died on Monday of natural causes.
Schneider produced 11 movies from 1969 to 1981, including “Easy Rider,” “Five Easy Pieces” and “The Last Picture Show.” Those movies about rootlessness and discontent became symbols of a new era that helped filmmakers break out of the studio system.
Schneider also produced the Oscar-winning 1974 anti-Vietnam War documentary “Hearts and Minds.”
Schneider created the Monkees pop band with producer-director Bob Rafelson.
From Our Network
- Check out hot pics of Pooja Bedi's daughter Aalia Ebrahim!
- PM Narendra Modi to visit five nations from June 4; to discuss black money with swiss
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- After Aishwarya, Abhishek Bachchan speaks up on Salman Khan’s Rio controversy
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi