With a new set of characters and stories influenced by the rich local culture of Bengal, CID Kolkata Bureau will be shown on Bengali channel Sony 'Aath' from November 12.
"Our viewers are the second highest in Bengal and this motivated us to bring a local version of the show for the audiences here," said show's director B P Singh.
"We have to make this show better than the one in Hindi otherwise people will not watch it," he told reporters here today.
Started in 1998 with actor Shivaji Satam playing the lead role as ACP Pradyuman, CID has been running successfully for the past 15 years on Sony TV making it the small
screen's longest running show.
Singh said he is directing the first few episodes in Bengali after which the entire production team will comprise local people.
The characters are largely prototypes of the Hindi series but as they are played by Bengali actors, it adds a dash of local flavour.
Singh said the Bengali show will remain in whodunnit format with each story based on seven policemen and a body. "We are sticking to the format of the show.
Just adding a local flavour, local language and a story set in Kolkata," he said.
From Our Network
- Tulsidasji, pranaam – writes ‘prodigal’ science topper Ruby Rai during re-test
- Turkey president apologises to Vladmir Putin over death of Russian Pilot
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Office of profit: Now, law student moves EC against 27 AAP MLAs
- 'Kriti' controversy: Shirish Kunder slams Nepal film maker with a legal notice