The actors and the film's director Anand Rai arrived in Varanasi along with the entire cast and crew of the film.
Addressing a press conference, the director said while 60 per cent of the film is set in Varanasi, the rest will be shot in Delhi and Punjab.
The shooting will take place for the next two months, Ananda Rai said, adding that a lot of the scenes will be panned at the picturesque ghats of the Ganga river.
Sonam, who is extremely excited about the film, said it is a clean love story that will appeal to all kind of film lovers.
The Saawariya actress described her role to be of a simple girl.
Meanwhile, Kolaveri Di star Dhanush expressed his excitment to be in Varanasi and said he was looking forward to do his first Hindi film.
"People down south wait for years to come to Varanasi, I am extremely lucky that I have got the opportunity to experience the holy city at such a young age."
"I took the film because of its story. I am looking forward to do my first Hindi film. Delivering dialogues will be a task but I will do my job with utmost sincerity," said Dhanush.
The film's script has been written by Tanu weds Manu famed writer Himanshu Sharma while the music is by A R Rahman.
From Our Network
- 'Kim Yo-jong ka Swayamvayar': North Korean dictator turns matchmaker for his sister
- Successful, suicidal and the boyfriend connection: What actresses’ death reveal about the glamour world
- Kapil Sharma vs Bajirao Mastani: Who won the battle of TRP’s last Saturday?
- Delhi: Pay upto Rs 500 extra electricity bill from this month
- 2nd anniversary celebrations: Govt ropes in Amitabh Bachchan to host five-hour event at India Gate on May 28