"I want to try out different characters and sequences to test my own calibre and strength as an actor," Pooja told IANS.
The actress has been part of other shows like "Kitani Mohabbaat Hai" and "The Serial".
In an upcoming episode on TV show "Yeh Hai Aashiqui", the actress will be seen playing Charulata, a woman who tries to find happiness outside her marriage.
The story is based on Rabindranath Tagore's novel, "Nastanirh" and Pooja will be seen as a traditional Bengali woman.
"Honestly, I took up the episode in 'Yeh Hai Aashiqui' because it has a complete Bengal flavour to it. I am fond of Bengali culture. I am glad the way it has turned out. I am very happy with the way I look," Pooja said.
Hosted by Vikrant Massey, the show narrates unusual love stories.
From Our Network
- Did you know before ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’, Aishwarya and Ranbir worked together in a movie 17 years ago?
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- Lalchand Rajput named Afghanistan head coach
- Sourav Ganguly wasn't even present during my interview, says Ravi Shastri
- Scottish govt wants to continue with EU, seeks immediate discussion