Nearly 150 high-profile who's who from Hollywood and fashion fraternity turned up in ethnic attire and were served Rajasthani dinner, that included bajre ki roti, ker sangri, kadhi, laal maas, laddoos and rasgullas.
Don't know how the uppity Hollywood celebrities liked the Indian dishes, but supermodel Kate Moss and actor demi Moore surely dazzled all when they turned up in ethnic outfils designed by Manish Malhotra, our own desi favourite.
Kate Moss wore a beige and ivory lehenga with intricate Kashmiri embroidery, while Demi Moore chose a beige lehenga with red, green and zari border.
Victoria Secret's Angel Karolina Kurkova flaunted another Malhotra creation.
Naomi Campbell wore a Manav Gangwani fuschia lehenga and later changed into an Alexander mcQueen dress.
Bright shaamiyanas in red and orange were erected to double as beauty parlours, where the celebrity guests could walk in to get the right makeup with their Indian outfits.
In the vening, the celebrities' gang moved from the Daulat Khana Chowk in Mehrangarh fort, where dinner was served, with a bar serving liquor till 3:45 am. The guests later returned to the impressive Umaid Bhavan Palace hotel.
American singer Diana Ross performed during a sit-down dinner on Wednesday.
Among the desi guests were socialite Parmeshwar Godrej, hotelier Vikram Chatwal, designers Manish Malhotra, Manav Gangwani and singer-actor Sophie Chaudhary, reported HT.
From Our Network
- Humour has vanished from public discourse: PM Modi takes a dig at ‘intolerance’
- Tulsidasji, pranaam – writes ‘prodigal’ science topper Ruby Rai during re-test
- Pak PM Sharif wrote to 17 countries to scuttle India's NSG bid: Aziz
- Turkey president apologises to Vladmir Putin over death of Russian Pilot
- Post her divorce, Karisma Kapoor is eager for comeback on silver screen