She might have to undergo surgery for a damaged back soon, Thomas, her father added.
"Her backbone was damaged due to the fall and she is likely to undergo a surgery. She is conscious now and has been shifted to the general ward from the Intensive Care Unit (ICU)," Swarna's father said.
Swarna was down with fever a few days back, when the incident occurred. She was walking in the balcony, felt dizzy, slipped and fell down, her father said.
"Since she didn't suffer injuries to the head, she is out of danger. However, she needs at least six to eight months' rest to recover," he added.
A dancer by profession, Swarna gained popularity through TV show "Super Dance".
As an actress, she is popular for Malayalam films such as "Flat No 4B" and "Queue". She was set to make her Tamil debut with upcoming film "Vetri Selvan".
At the time of the accident, she had been engaged in the shooting of Malayalam romantic-comedy "Buddy".
From Our Network
- Sourav Ganguly was disrespectful, says Ravi Shastri
- Before ‘Meri Pyaari Bindu’, Parineeti Chopra will hit silver screen with this movie
- Did Tiger Shroff just ‘friendzone’ his rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani?
- About first poster of Sonakshi’s next ‘Akira’, Twitter users have wonderful things to say
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel