She might have to undergo surgery for a damaged back soon, Thomas, her father added.
"Her backbone was damaged due to the fall and she is likely to undergo a surgery. She is conscious now and has been shifted to the general ward from the Intensive Care Unit (ICU)," Swarna's father said.
Swarna was down with fever a few days back, when the incident occurred. She was walking in the balcony, felt dizzy, slipped and fell down, her father said.
"Since she didn't suffer injuries to the head, she is out of danger. However, she needs at least six to eight months' rest to recover," he added.
A dancer by profession, Swarna gained popularity through TV show "Super Dance".
As an actress, she is popular for Malayalam films such as "Flat No 4B" and "Queue". She was set to make her Tamil debut with upcoming film "Vetri Selvan".
At the time of the accident, she had been engaged in the shooting of Malayalam romantic-comedy "Buddy".
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: Sunrisers defeat RCB by 8 runs to claim maiden title win
- Akshay Kumar’s special message for wife & daughter will melt your heart!
- FDI in India: Top 10 investing countries
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches
- Women are responsible for half of misogynistic tweets, study finds