He is survived by wife Koyel Nath Goswami. They had married three years ago.
Goswami had a seizure while working out on a treadmill at a gym. He was rushed to a hospital in Malad where he died soon after.
Abir was diagnosed with lymphoma in May 2012 and had undergone surgery.
The Mumbai TV industry mourned the sudden passing away of the actor, with celebs taking to Twitter.
Kishwer S Merchantt: Life is so unpredictable,on the set of #crimepatrol and heard #abirgoswami was shtg 4 anothr story with thm till yest and today hes gone…
Farhan Akhtar: Another shocker!! RIP Abir Goswami. Have the fondest memories of working together on Lakshya. Condolences to the family.
Disha Parmar: RIP abir goswami !! Will always miss u & definately no one cn take ur place in our hearts!! Will miss those samosa parties wid u!!
Khushwant Walia: RIP Abir Goswami.I request all of my followers 2 pray 4 him n his family. May God give his family strength n may his soul RIP!
Hiten Paintal: Shocked and saddened by the sudden passing away of a wonderful guy and brilliant actor.. Abir Goswami @Aby14 U will be missed my friend :( ((
From Our Network
- ‘#FailedModiDiplomacy’: Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at PM Modi over NSG membership bid
- Brexit fallout: Scotland mulls independence from UK, Londoners demand separate country
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Won’t Keep an Account of Our Bullets if Pak Fires First, says Rajnath on Pampore attack
- Delhi-NCR tops list of India's most funded startup cities