Tigmanshu, who is basking in the glory of recent hits like ‘Paan Singh Tomar' and ‘Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster', had first approached Rani Mukherjee for this film, sources said.
The period flick is based on the life of Begum Samru, who started her career as a nautch girl in 18th Century India, and eventually became the ruler of Sardhana, a principality near Meerut.
Later on she played a key role in the political power struggle in 18th and 19th century India. According to sources, Kareena had liked Tigmanshu's both the latest movies - ‘Paan Singh Tomar' and ‘Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster' and she wants to work with the director.
“It is too early to talk about the details of the film, but Kareena is definitely excited for this film,” official spokesperson from the director's side said in a statement.
Begum Samru was the head of a professionally-trained mercenary army, inherited from her European mercenary husband, Walter Reinhardt Sombre. This mercenary army consisted of Europeans and Indians.
She is also regarded as the only Catholic ruler in India, as she ruled the principality of Sardhana in 18th and 19th century India.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: Sunrisers defeat RCB by 8 runs to claim maiden title win
- Akshay Kumar’s special message for wife & daughter will melt your heart!
- FDI in India: Top 10 investing countries
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches
- Women are responsible for half of misogynistic tweets, study finds