Kareena appears in a song in Akshay Kumar-Sonakshi Sinha starrer ‘Rowdy Rathore', co-produced by Shabina.
“I wanted her to be a part of my first film for emotional reasons. She is my close friend.
Obviously I wanted her to be a part of my first film but she had three-four films with her. I wanted to start my film, so if she could not be a part of the film then I thought she can be a part of the song,” Shabina told PTI.
“I would definitely offer her every film, it is up to her whether to do it or not. Our friendship does not mean she has to do every film that I offer to her. If she likes the script I am sure she will do it.”
‘Rowdy Rathore', jointly produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Shabina, is set to release on June 1.
“As Sanjay and I have a great rapport I went to him with this project and it all happened. We both always wanted to make movies together.
I have assisted him in ‘Black' and made costumes for many of his films. While we were discussing about movies, this film came up and that is how things fell into place,” Shabina said.
From Our Network
- ‘#FailedModiDiplomacy’: Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at PM Modi over NSG membership bid
- Brexit fallout: Scotland mulls independence from UK, Londoners demand separate country
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Won’t Keep an Account of Our Bullets if Pak Fires First, says Rajnath on Pampore attack
- Delhi-NCR tops list of India's most funded startup cities