"We have relaunched the green tea in the domestic market. We want to take it to the tier II and III markets and for this we will have to reach out to public in a big way and so have appointed Kareena Kapoor to take our brand to interiors", Tata Global Beverages marketing vice president for India and South Asia Vikram Grover said here.
He said the company was investing significantly on marketing. "We have made significant investments for this. We will reach out to public through print, digital and TV", he said without disclosing investment details.
To reach out to the larger public, the company has also launched a campaign.
Tetley Tea, sold across 40 countries, comes in six flavours in its green tea portfolio including ginger, mint, lemon, honey & lemon, citrus & spice and aloe vera.
Currently, the domestic green tea market is Rs 100-150 crore and the company enjoys market share of 35-40 per cent.
"Of our total tea revenues, green tea currently has a very small share and is dominated by black tea. But we expect the green tea segment also to contribute significantly and this is a move towards it," Grover said.
From Our Network
- Misplaced anger over Arjun Tendulkar’s selection over record-breaking Pranav for West Zone U-16 side?
- Oh No! Katrina Kaif visits hospital late night on Sunday. Here’s why
- Is Bollywood losing its charm? Just one film crossed the Rs 100 cr mark in 2016
- Subhash Ghai slams Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin & Lataji
- Love is in the air: ‘Mastani’ Deepika gives a ‘Befikre’ visit to Ranveer in Paris (see pic)