British model Scarlett Mellish Willson gyrates to the tune of ‘Imported Kamariya' in ‘Shanghai'.
“Politics depends on item numbers to survive. In our film there is politics and for that there is item number to show how item number is important for politics and politicians.
In today's democracy as stars need support of audience, even politicians need support of people so there is manifesto, display of genuine work, etc so that is what an item number is,” Banerjee told reporters yesterday evening at the music launch of the film.
“The item number of ‘Shanghai' is the definite part of the story and a lot of things are happening in the background. The story is seen behind the item number only,” he said. ‘Shanghai' revolves around the greed and corruption of politicians.
“Item number means when we have to advertise our product; we either have a beautiful girl dancing or a dream or plan or an ad—these are all item numbers. It is all there to lure audience,” he added.
Meanwhile, ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai', another song from ‘Shanghai' seems attracting attention for wrong reasons as it seeks to take a dig at the current state of affairs in the country.
The lyrics ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai Sone ki Chidiya, Dengu, Maleria Gud Hai, Gobar Hai Bharat Mata Ki Jai' have irked a group called Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena.
“I am not aware that there is an FIR lodged against the song. I have heard that there are some people who have objections over certain lyrics. Whatever the judiciary of the country says, we will do that,” Banerjee added.
From Our Network
- ‘Queen’ of ‘Lies’? Not only age, Kangana Ranaut lied about getting Rs 11 crore for Rangoon too?
- Aishwarya has something to say about her and Salman’s romantic film ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’
- Post break-up with Sushant Singh Rajput, Ankita Lokhande STUNS everyone with her new avatar
- RJD to nominate Ram Jethmalani, Rabri Devi for Rajya Sabha
- Indian students bag six awards at Intel competition in US