Drashti made her debut on TV playing a bubbly Punjabi girl in “Dill Mill Gayye” but shot to fame with romantic serial “Geet”.
“I am going to stick to television, I am very happy doing it. I am sure a lot of people have dreams of moving to Bollywood but I have no such ambitions... I am comfortable doing my soaps and feel satisfied with them,” Drashti said.
The 27-year-old actress will soon be seen in upcoming show “Madhubala”, a serial is based on the reality of the showbiz world and is dedicated to mark the completion of 100 years of Hindi cinema.
The Colors show has already ran into trouble following reports that it is based on the alleged romance between veteran actor Dilip Kumar and legendary actress Madhubala. But Drashti says her character is not based on Madhubala. “My character bears no resemblance to Madhubala ji, I don't think I can be compared to her, she is an idol.
“When you talk about films there are only three names which come to your mind - Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan and Madhubala. They couldn't have named me after the guys so my character is called ‘Madhubala'. Our film industry is completing 100 years so the show is a tribute.”
The story is set in the 90s and is about a girl who is born on the film sets and falls in love with a superstar named RK, played by Vivian Dsena.
From Our Network
- Common thread linking terrorism, smuggling and drugs needs to be broken: Pranab Mukherjee
- Anurag Kashyap is all praises for 'Raman Raghav 2.0' actress Sobhita Dhulipala
- Was advised to retire after Beijing Olympics: Sushil Kumar
- Brexit fallout: Govt may delay implementation of 7th Pay Commission
- Meet retired employee who donates Rs 2,60,000 for Swachh Bharat mission; gets appreciation by PM Modi