The Madhur Bhandarkar movie, based on the ups and downs in the life of an actress, was reportedly made at a budget of Rs.20 crore.
It released in 42 screens in the Middle East Thursday, and has earned $350,000, with 19 screens still to report the numbers.
In India, Britain and the US, the movie opened Friday.
It registered Rs.7.5 crore earnings in India, in Britain, it made $78,402 from 41 screens, while in the US, "Heroine" minted $140,000 (it released in 112 screens, and six screens are yet to report the numbers.
"'Heroine' has seen a phenomenal opening in all major international markets. This was a highly anticipated movie and our marketing push has helped pull in massive crowds to theatres. No other female lead has seen such a response in recent years," Amrita Pandey, executive director, Syndication, International Distribution - Studios, Disney UTV, said in a statement.
"Heroine" also features Arjun Rampal and Randeep Hooda in key roles. The movie had a strong buzz around it, and it was heavily promoted across all quarters.
From Our Network
- When Khans don’t why does Akshay Kumar act in slapstick comedy like ‘Housefull 3’? The Khiladi answers
- Misplaced anger over Arjun Tendulkar’s selection over record-breaking Pranav for West Zone U-16 side?
- Grocery shopping, book reading and more: What Nawabi couple Saif and Kareena did in London (See pics)
- Watch: Wanted in India, Vijay Mallya enjoys IPL final in London
- Watch: After RCB lose IPL final, Gayle grooves to Michael Jackson’s tune