In the first look of the movie poster, which released on Friday , shows Deepika sporting a lehenga, which weighs 30 kgs and has a 50 metre ‘ghera'.
Anju says she went out of her way to bring the intricacies of Kutch to Deepika's wardrobe in “Ram Leela” to meet director Bhansali's standards.
“Sanjay and I were very clear about the look we wanted to give Deepika. So, while the lehengas had to reflect the royal lineage of the Kutch region, they also had to have a very contemporary feel as Ram Leela is not a period drama,” Anju said.
The designer is also all praise for the 27-year-old actress, saying, “No one else could have carried it as gracefully as she does.
She is slim-waisted, tall and looks gorgeous in this avatar. Dressing her up in this style has been a dream come true.”
A story of love in violent times, Eros International and Bhansali Productions' “Ram Leela” also stars Ranveer Singh. It is scheduled to release November 29.
From Our Network
- Narendra Modi, Ranbir Kapoor, Gandhi family controversy: 10 things Rishi Kapoor said in ‘Aap Ki Adalat’
- Tulsidasji, pranaam – writes ‘prodigal’ science topper Ruby Rai during re-test
- UP: Man gets bobbitised by 17-year-old Dalit girl during rape attempt
- India's NSG entry may take time, but will happen for sure: MEA
- After Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh gives a perfect reply to their ‘rumoured’ break-up