“Can't believe am a mother now! Ecstatic is an understatement. Thank you so much for all the good wishes and love all of you have bestowed us and Baby K,” Shilpa, 36, tweeted in the evening.
She gave birth to the son, her first child with businessman husband Raj Kundra, in suburban Khar this morning. Raj broke the news on Twitter: “God has blessed us with a beautiful baby boy. Both mother and baby are fine. I am thrilled to bits.”
“A big thank you to my wife @TheShilpaShetty for the bestest gift ever, DR Kiran Cohelo and all the staff at Hinduja Hospital,” he added.
And it seems they are referring to the newborn as Baby K for now.
Shilpa and Raj have been married for three years and the couple confirmed the news of her pregnancy in December 2011. After the baby's birth, Raj expressed his happiness on Twitter with a number of posts.
A number of Bollywood stars, including Bipasha Basu and Ritiesh Deshmukh, congratulated the new parents on the micro-blogging site and Raj thanked them.
“Thank you all for your love and wishes for our new born. Both mum and Baby K are resting. Our Parents now turn grand parents.
“My son is a blessing from God! This is the single biggest biological change a man can go through in his entire lifetime,” he added.
From Our Network
- Heroine of three Khans: This is what Anushka Sharma has to say about them
- Subramanian Swamy recites Bhagavad Gita after PM Modi’s snub on Rajan
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- IIT-Kanpur professor Sanjay Mittal bags G D Birla award for scientific research
- You are under watch! Facebook uses your phone's location to suggest new friends