"Bipasha Basu is one actress in Bollywood who is ready to experiment with different genres. Besides, Bipasha suits the role for my sci-fi film," said Vikram Bhatt, who recently worked with the actress in Raaz 3.
"She is a fabulous actress, and is very enthusiastic about her work. I can't think of anyone else other than Bipasha for my film. She is perfect," he added.
Vikram Bhatt has earlier directed Bipasha in films like Aetbaar and Footpath.
Asked if he considers Bipasha Basu as his lucky charm, he said: "Nothing as such. I don't think (of her as) lucky charm, but she is definitely one actress who has evolved over the years and has proved herself."
Vikram Bhatt said that the film will go on floors next year.
"It is a very special film for me. I can't talk much about the film, but it will go on floors in May 2013. It is a very interesting story," he said.
Vikram Bhatt has entered into a partnership with Bhushan Kumar's T-Series to produce five films that includes science-fiction, thriller and horror genre, among others.
From Our Network
- Delhi to get 1,000 Wi-Fi hotspot spots by year end
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Did UK’s old outdo their young? Survey claims those who will live longest with decision never wanted to leave
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share stage with Oscar-winning actor Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Watch: When Anil Kumble put country before self and bowled with a broken jaw