"Bipasha Basu is one actress in Bollywood who is ready to experiment with different genres. Besides, Bipasha suits the role for my sci-fi film," said Vikram Bhatt, who recently worked with the actress in Raaz 3.
"She is a fabulous actress, and is very enthusiastic about her work. I can't think of anyone else other than Bipasha for my film. She is perfect," he added.
Vikram Bhatt has earlier directed Bipasha in films like Aetbaar and Footpath.
Asked if he considers Bipasha Basu as his lucky charm, he said: "Nothing as such. I don't think (of her as) lucky charm, but she is definitely one actress who has evolved over the years and has proved herself."
Vikram Bhatt said that the film will go on floors next year.
"It is a very special film for me. I can't talk much about the film, but it will go on floors in May 2013. It is a very interesting story," he said.
Vikram Bhatt has entered into a partnership with Bhushan Kumar's T-Series to produce five films that includes science-fiction, thriller and horror genre, among others.
From Our Network
- After Aishwarya, Abhishek Bachchan speaks up on Salman Khan’s Rio controversy
- Shah Rukh Khan avoids Mumbai traffic in the most UNBELIEVABLE way
- 10 Highest Fuel Efficient Motorcycles in India
- China's developer Wanda takes on Disney with its new theme park
- Women are responsible for half of misogynistic tweets, study finds