Director Anthony D'Souza's "Boss", which stars Akshay Kumar, has been made on a budget of Rs.72 crore and hit 3,700-3,800 screens approximately on Oct 16.
A potpourri of action, comedy, romance and drama "Boss", co-produced by Ashwin Varde Productions, Viacom18 Motion Pictures and Cape Of Good Hope, has reportedly collected Rs.45.5 crore in five days at the domestic box office.
“‘Boss' performed very well as it is mass oriented and hit songs are also plus point of the film,” R.K. Mehrotra, general manager, Delite cinemas, told IANS.
Director Hansal Mehta's “Shahid", about slain lawyer Shahid Azmi, stars Rajkumar Yadav in the lead. Co-produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Bohra Brothers, the film was made on a budget of approximately Rs.80 lakh and was released on nearly 400 screens.
“‘Shahid' collected approximately Rs.2.05 crore net in its opening weekend,” trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Shahid tells the story of Shahid Azmi, who was the defending lawyer of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack co-accused Faheem Ansari. He was shot dead in his office in 2010.
From Our Network
- Shot 8 times, Transgender in Pakistan dies as hospital sits on her treatment deciding sex
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- Revealed: This woman is the reason behind Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt’s cold war
- ‘Queen’ of ‘Lies’? Not only age, Kangana Ranaut lied about getting Rs 11 crore for Rangoon too?
- Salman Khan NOT to remove Arijit Singh’s song from ‘Sultan’!