In the film, Akshay plays the role of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.
The entire hospital compound was closed to outsiders because of the shooting, which took place inside the "Silence Zone" with crew shouting and creating a lot of noise.
In the first part of Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai, Emraan Hashmi had played the role of a young Dawood Ibrahim, while star Ajay Devgn played the role of the notorious smuggler of 70s Haji Mastan.
Directed by Milan Luthria and produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor, OUATIM also features Imran Khan, Sonakshi Sinha and Sonali Bendre.
The film will showcase the era of 80s. It will be a love story striangle and will also feature the gang wars between the gangsters. The characters of Akshay Kumar are "inspired" from Dawood Ibrahim and Chota Rajan.
OUATIM 2 is expected to be released on August 8 (Eid) alongwith SRK's Chennai Express.
From Our Network
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!
- Hafiz Saeed slams China after President Xi Jingping asks his people to shun Islam
- Flipkart effect: L&T Infotech withdraws job offer to around 1500 students
- Watch: After RCB lose IPL final, Gayle grooves to Michael Jackson’s tune
- Online shopping gets dearer in UP, Akhilesh govt imposes 5 pc entry tax on e-commerce purchases