New Delhi, Dec 1: UNICEF today announced actor Aamir Khan as its ambassador for promoting nutrition among children.
As a representative of UNICEF, Aamir Khan will build on his personal interest in children's issues to support UNICEF's mission to ensure that every child in this country survives and thrives, a UNICEF release said.
“I am honoured to formalise my association with UNICEF as their Ambassador to help raise awareness on the issue of malnutrition amongst children,” the release quoted Aamir as saying at today's signing ceremony here.
In India, one out of every two children is malnourished, leaving them vulnerable to poor health and disease, particularly children from the country's most remote and disadvantaged communities.
“I realise there is a lot to be done and I hope that by lending my voice I can make a difference to the lives of children and hereby to the future of our country. Partnering with UNICEF will enable me to advocate for the rights of the most vulnerable and marginalised children in India,” the release quoted him as saying.
From Our Network
- 5 famous controversies of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt
- Not Ankita Lokhande’s ‘distrust’ but Sushant Singh Rajput’s ‘disloyalty’ led to their break-up?
- Kangana gives PERFECT reason for not working with Salman, Aamir and SRK
- See Pics: AbRam playing with father Shah Rukh amidst match is too cute to handle
- MTV Roadies fame Rannvijay Singh gets married (see pics)
- My name is Malaika Arora and I am not a ‘KHAN’: Arbaaz’s wife keen on dropping her surname
- Rakhi Special: 5 Bollywood songs depicting brother-sister bond
- 10 hottest pictures of Poonam Pandey on Twitter!
- Bollywood's most loved bridal avatars of 2014 (see pics)
- See Pics: Virat Kohli is feeling BLISSFUL after break up with Anushka Sharma. Here's the proof