New Delhi, Dec 1: UNICEF today announced actor Aamir Khan as its ambassador for promoting nutrition among children.
As a representative of UNICEF, Aamir Khan will build on his personal interest in children's issues to support UNICEF's mission to ensure that every child in this country survives and thrives, a UNICEF release said.
“I am honoured to formalise my association with UNICEF as their Ambassador to help raise awareness on the issue of malnutrition amongst children,” the release quoted Aamir as saying at today's signing ceremony here.
In India, one out of every two children is malnourished, leaving them vulnerable to poor health and disease, particularly children from the country's most remote and disadvantaged communities.
“I realise there is a lot to be done and I hope that by lending my voice I can make a difference to the lives of children and hereby to the future of our country. Partnering with UNICEF will enable me to advocate for the rights of the most vulnerable and marginalised children in India,” the release quoted him as saying.
From Our Network
- Shot 8 times, Transgender in Pakistan dies as hospital sits on her treatment deciding sex
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- Revealed: This woman is the reason behind Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt’s cold war
- ‘Queen’ of ‘Lies’? Not only age, Kangana Ranaut lied about getting Rs 11 crore for Rangoon too?
- Salman Khan NOT to remove Arijit Singh’s song from ‘Sultan’!