Vijay, who is currently shooting for A R Murugadoss's ‘Thuppakki' here, was roped in by director Prabhudeva for breaking into a friendly jig with the ‘Khiladi' actor for the song.
Prabhudeva, who persuaded the actor to do a cameo in action-packed ‘Rowdy Rathore', had directed him in 2007 Tamil blockbuster ‘Pokkiri'.
“I have always been a fan of Akshay Kumar since his Khiladi days. Prabhudeva just asked me once and I readily agreed to do it. They were very friendly and I won't ever forget the experience shooting for the song. Also, the promos of ‘Rowdy Rathore' are very interesting,” Vijay said in a statement.
Breaking into a jig alongside Akshay will be the maiden Bollywood exposure for the star who is one of the most sought-after actors in Tamil film industry.
Directed by Prabhudeva and produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali ‘Rowdy Rathore' casts Akshay and Sonakshi Sinha in the lead, and is slated for June 1 release.
From Our Network
- IndiGo pilots grounded for almost landing on road thinking it was runway
- RJD to nominate Ram Jethmalani, Rabri Devi for Rajya Sabha
- Rich Chadha clarifies her statement on role cutting in ‘Sarbjit’
- Alia Bhatt turns hockey player for Shahid's 'Udta Punjab'
- Salman Khan fought with real wrestlers in 'Sultan', says it used to hurt