Patna, Feb 19 : Amidst speculation that he would join ruling JD(U) in Bihar, television star Shekhar Suman has said that he has already quit Congress.
“I have already resigned from the primary membership of Congress because of my preoccupation in Bollywood. I don't think I have time ... I cannot engage in party works and thus I decided to quit,” Suman told reporters at his ancesstral house here late last evening.
Suman, here to deliver a lecture during a special session on the second day of Gobal Bihar Summit 2012, said he had already informed Congress president Sonia Gandhi and state party chief Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser of his decision.
In reply to a question, Suman, who had unsuccessfully contested Lok Sabha poll against Bollywood colleague Shatrughan Sinha of BJP in 2009, said he was yet to make up his mind on joining any other party to champion the cause of Bihar.
Suman, who did not devote much time to politics and had not campaigned much for Congress nominees during the 2010 assembly polls in the state.
From Our Network
- Hollywood defeats Bollywood again: Angry Birds sees better opening than three Hindi films
- Indian students bag six awards at Intel competition in US
- Rahul Dravid will do an incredible job as Team India's head coach: Shane Watson
- Not Anushka Sharma but this Bollywood actress was Virat Kohli’s first love interest!
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership