‘Zanjeer', a 1973 action film, starring Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan and Pran, was directed by Prakash Mehra. Now Mehra's son, Amit, has announced that he will produce its remake version.
Scriptwriters of the 1973 superhit film, Salim Khan and Javed Akhtar are not exactly enthused over the idea and feel that the storyline of the original movie should be retained.
Javed Akhtar had said that the sanctity of the film should be maintained and the cult status that the film has created should not be overlooked.
Salim's son Salman, however, is fully supportive of the remake idea.
“I feel 100 percent ...a remake of ‘Zanjeer' should be made. It was a super hit film,” Salman told reporters here on the sidelines of event where Yatra.com appointed him as a brand ambassador.
“Even ‘Don' (Salim Khan was the writer for Amitabh Bachchan starrer ‘Don') was remade and a sequel had also come out. My father has never objected...'Don' has been made twice,” he said.
The 1973 superhit film, ‘Zanjeer' had established Amitabh Bachchan as an angry young man.
The remake version will be directed by Apoorva Lakhia.
There is a buzz that Sanjay Dutt and Sonu Sood have been approached to play the role of antagonist, which was played by Pran in the original film. Besides, names of Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone have cropped up to play the leading lady.
From Our Network
- NSG standoff: Clouds of mistrust hovering over India-China relations
- Rahul Gandhi is in London with a ‘special friend’: Subramanian Swamy
- Bihar board topper Ruby Rai arrested after appearing for re-test
- Beijing sinking by up to 11cm annually, warns a satellite study
- Kejriwal has no IIT rank, he got in through 'other' methods: Subramanian Swamy