Mumbai, Dec 24: Bollywood star Salman Khan has nixed a proposal to follow in the footsteps of Shah Rukh Khan and convert Ek Tha Tiger into 3D, says a Mumbai Mirror report.
Apparently, Aditya Chopra and Kabir Khan, the makers of the Salman starrer Ek Tha Tiger, have been approached by many studios to consider converting the 2D film to 3D,which happens to be the latest fascination in the industry.
With SRK's ambitious projects like RA.One and Don 2 having 3D versions, Salman point-blank refused to follow suit.
A unit member said Salman was not the only one to turn down the idea though.
The unit member explained, “Director Kabir Khan was the first to dismiss making Ek Tha Tiger in 3D.And his decision was strongly supported by Salman, who categorically stated, ‘I don't believe in herd mentality. The film will not have a cutting edge'.”
According to the unit member, Kabir's decision has come as a surprise to many in the industry as 3D would work well based the film's storyline - which includes animal characters and contains several action sequences.
From Our Network
- Epic! Kareena Kapoor cracks ‘high-end’ joke on ex-flame Shahid Kapoor
- Hafiz Saeed slams China after President Xi Jingping asks his people to shun Islam
- IPL trophy will go right on top, along with World Cup wins: Yuvraj Singh
- Eye on UP polls: Amit Shah to have meal with dalit family in Varanasi
- Is Bollywood losing its charm? Just one film crossed the Rs 100 cr mark in 2016