Katrina had done the lead role in Prakash Jha's last film Raajneeti. Akshay Kumar who stars in the film will also produce it.
Reportedly, Madhuri Dixit who earlier worked with Jha in Mrityudand is also said to be part of the cast.
The report quoted a source, "Katrina and Kareena were being considered for the role but it is Kat who has bagged it finally. We are still trying to sort out the dates with her."
Katrina will be seen in a de-glam avatar, similar to her look in Raajneeti. Satyagrah is based on the subject of anti-corruption and is loosely inspired by the Anna Hazare episode.
Katrina and Akshay had earlier paired together in Tees Maar Khan, Singh Is King, Namaste London, Humko Deewana Kar Gaye. They will be teaming for the fifth time.
From Our Network
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- 'Swear unqualified allegiance' to Sonia and Rahul Gandhi: Cong MLAs sign undertaking in Bengal
- Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt are shedding tears over the death of this popular character
- Lovebirds Virat and Anushka spotted dining at Bangalore restaurant (see pics)
- Here's why Salman Khan was in tears and felt violated while shooting for 'Sultan'