Katrina had done the lead role in Prakash Jha's last film Raajneeti. Akshay Kumar who stars in the film will also produce it.
Reportedly, Madhuri Dixit who earlier worked with Jha in Mrityudand is also said to be part of the cast.
The report quoted a source, "Katrina and Kareena were being considered for the role but it is Kat who has bagged it finally. We are still trying to sort out the dates with her."
Katrina will be seen in a de-glam avatar, similar to her look in Raajneeti. Satyagrah is based on the subject of anti-corruption and is loosely inspired by the Anna Hazare episode.
Katrina and Akshay had earlier paired together in Tees Maar Khan, Singh Is King, Namaste London, Humko Deewana Kar Gaye. They will be teaming for the fifth time.
From Our Network
- ‘A Wednesday’ stars Naseeruddin Shah, Anupam Kher train guns on each other over Kashmiri Pandits
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership
- “I take full responsibility of 'Brahmotsavam' failure,” says Mahesh Babu
- Puducherry violence: Things won’t be easy for new CM Narayansamy
- What? Rahat Fateh Ali Khan has replaced Arijit Singh for Salman Khan’s Sultan?