Katrina had done the lead role in Prakash Jha's last film Raajneeti. Akshay Kumar who stars in the film will also produce it.
Reportedly, Madhuri Dixit who earlier worked with Jha in Mrityudand is also said to be part of the cast.
The report quoted a source, "Katrina and Kareena were being considered for the role but it is Kat who has bagged it finally. We are still trying to sort out the dates with her."
Katrina will be seen in a de-glam avatar, similar to her look in Raajneeti. Satyagrah is based on the subject of anti-corruption and is loosely inspired by the Anna Hazare episode.
Katrina and Akshay had earlier paired together in Tees Maar Khan, Singh Is King, Namaste London, Humko Deewana Kar Gaye. They will be teaming for the fifth time.
From Our Network
- A.R. Rahman to Arjit Singh: Salman Khan’s bad blood with musicians is not new. Here’s proof
- Not Anushka Sharma but this Bollywood actress was Virat Kohli’s first love interest!
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- When nobody noticed Shah Rukh-Gauri at crowded London station (see pics)
- Woah! Rani Mukerji’s five-month-old daughter Adira all set to make her Bollywood debut