Mumbai, Jan 22: Bollywood actor Riteish Deshmukh, all excited about tying the knot with Genelia D'Souza, is a believer in the institution of matrimony.
Riteish and Genelia would be getting married next month, after being in relationship for eight years.
“I think it's an institution for much long time...since ages, and there is a reason why marriage has survived. I feel slowly, we are probably running away from it,” Riteish said in an interview.
“I personally feel that once you find a person, with whom you truly think you can be with, then that commitment is for the lifetime.”
The couple, who will marry on February 3, has refused to reveal how and where the wedding will take place.
Their romance began on the sets of ‘Tujhe Meri Kasam', a debut film of both.
“I think when you are seeing each other for long...I don't think the question of freedom arises. You get used to each other so much. We both have been very private individuals. Today, that comfort level is going an extra step ahead with a commitment of lifetime,” he said.
But what about losing freedom of bachelorhood? The actor does not mind that. “I don't think there is any kind of fear as such...like my freedom is gone forever or something,” he said.
“I was a bird happy sitting on a tree...I did not jump around many trees...so I am fine,” he said with a chuckle.
Ritesh also confesses that he never racked his brains thinking whether Genelia was ‘the right one'.
“I never thought about whether she was the one...I was just happy being with her. It did not matter to me to think beyond that.”
From Our Network
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches
- Kanpur shocker: Bankrupt man puts wife at stake in IPL bet, loses her
- Puducherry violence: Things won’t be easy for new CM Narayansamy
- "Ek Nayi Subah": PM Modi, ministers celebrate two-year anniversary at India Gate event
- Mika Singh clears air on visiting ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ despite Kapil-Krushna’s cold war