Mumbai, Mar 16: Bollywood actress Vidya Balan, who took everyone by surprise through her performances in movies like ‘The Dirty Picture' and ‘Kahaani', has proved that she does not need a ‘hero' in her films, to keep the cash registers ringing.
When asked, if she needs a hero in her movies, Vidya says, “For me, there is only one hero of a film and that is--- the script.”
Milan Luthria's ‘The Dirty Picture', in which, Vidya played the role of southern siren Silk Smitha, got her several awards in the best actress category, including a national award.
Even her recently released film ‘Kahaani' is doing well at the box office. Both these films are women-centric and she has proved with her acting skills that she can run the film on her shoulder alone.
Talking about the success of her latest film, Vidya said, “The success of ‘Kahaani' is sweeter than (that of) ‘The Dirty Picture', because, there were no songs, sex, etc in ‘Kahaani' to drive the audience.”
“A woman has to always justify her success...which does not happen for men,” she said.
From Our Network
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji
- Epic! Kareena Kapoor cracks ‘high-end’ joke on ex-flame Shahid Kapoor
- Alia Bhatt swims against the tide, defends Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video
- Fresh pair in town: Sunny Leone to romance this ‘Khan’ in ‘Tera Intezaar’
- Indus era at least 8,000 years old, not 5,500 years: IIT, ASI scientists