Mumbai, Feb 18: Deepika Padukone will play Shah Rukh Khan's co-passenger in Rohit Shetty directed Chennai Express, says a Mumbai Mirror report.
The collaboration of Shah Rukh Khan and Rohit Shetty has made Chennai Express one of the 'hottest' films to watch out for.
After a short period of indecision regarding the casting of either Katrina Kaif or Kareena Kapoor as the leading lady in the film, SRK's RA.One heroine and Rohit's favourite Kareena emerged victorious.
In fact, the actress had even said in an interview, “Rohit and I are finalising the script and other details. Rohit is like family, and I am seriously looking forward to working with him again.”
However, her enthusiasm regarding the project has been rather short-lived.
Deepika Padukone has been asked to come on board Chennai Express.
A friend of Kareena, confirmed that the actress is no longer a part of the film and added, “Kareena has already informed Rohit Shetty that she wouldn't be able to work in Chennai Express. SRK is aware of it as well.”
As for Deepika's inclusion in the Rohit Shetty film, a source close to the project said, “Deepika has given her nod of consent. The official signing should happen soon.”
From Our Network
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- ‘I am a UP waala’ and 10 other highlights of PM Modi’s speech
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- Arijit Singh speaks up on his tiff with Salman Khan, reveals what exactly happened
- Shot 8 times, Transgender in Pakistan dies as hospital sits on her treatment deciding sex