The film deals with the journey of a small-time sleuth and the script was completed two years back.
Dasgupta said he was busy with the shooting of “Trayodoshi”, based on 13 poems of Tagore, and so could not complete the script of “Anwar”.
“Now I will solely take up Anwar, with post-production work over in previous films, and shooting will commence by this Durga Puja,” he said.
Asked if the film is a thriller, as it is based on small time sleuths who eke out a living in the city, Dasgupta said, “It is a thriller, but not in the usual sense. It is more in sync with my style and vision.”
Dasgupta, who will be casting “Maachis” star Chandrachur in an important lead, said the Bollywood actor's personality, his look and eyes weighed the decision in his favour. Shauvik Kundagrami will essay the protagonist Anwar.
“For Anwar's casting decisions, I had to judge the actors' faces. Of course I saw his films and became convinced he is a great actor,” he said.
Chandrachur on his part said he had seen ‘almost' all of Dasgupta's works, adding that he hopes “Anwarer Aschorjo Kahini” would be as successful as “Maachis” “I came into contact with Bengali culture at an early age, when I learnt the ‘Dhitang Dhitang Bole' folk song from a Bengali teacher at 30.
“I had watched three Satyajt Ray films, including ‘Charulata', and I had wanted to work with a sensitive Bengali director. Things are now turning the full circle in my life.
In the movie I play Anindyo, father of a 10-year-old who meets a stormy fate,” Chandrachur said.
Fashion designer Neeta Lulla, one of the most sought after designers in Bollywood, said, “This film is very realistic, very contemporary, and since it dwells on a sleuth's quest for truth, the costume is not over the top.”
“I have sought to give the feel of realism in detailing the costumes,” she said.
Lulla, known for designing for films like “Devdas” and “Jodhaa Akbar”, said this was her third visit to Kolkata.
From Our Network
- 5 famous controversies of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt
- Not Ankita Lokhande’s ‘distrust’ but Sushant Singh Rajput’s ‘disloyalty’ led to their break-up?
- Kangana gives PERFECT reason for not working with Salman, Aamir and SRK
- See Pics: AbRam playing with father Shah Rukh amidst match is too cute to handle
- MTV Roadies fame Rannvijay Singh gets married (see pics)
- My name is Malaika Arora and I am not a ‘KHAN’: Arbaaz’s wife keen on dropping her surname
- Rakhi Special: 5 Bollywood songs depicting brother-sister bond
- 10 hottest pictures of Poonam Pandey on Twitter!
- Bollywood's most loved bridal avatars of 2014 (see pics)
- See Pics: Virat Kohli is feeling BLISSFUL after break up with Anushka Sharma. Here's the proof