New Delhi, Mar 7: Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan paying obeisance in a temple, scouting for wild animals on a safari, in deep contemplation at an ashram— these are among a panoply of advertisements that are set to greet those who use the Airport Metro Express line here.
The Gujarat government's advertisement campaign, ‘Khusbhoo Gujarat Ki', featuring the superstar, will soon change the face of the high-speed line with the state's tourism department signing a contract to brand one Delhi metro train for a period of three months.
The train featuring the advertisements was today flagged off from the New Delhi station by Vipul Mittra, Gujarat's principal secretary tourism.
“The department has selected the premier route to promote tourism not just among national but international tourists as well. This is the first time that a complete train has been covered with advertisements of a state tourism department,” Mittra said.
“The Lonely Planet endorsement along with the PATA award has give a huge boost to the tourism sector in Gujarat and we hope this initiative will further endorse the state as an exciting tourism destination,” he said.
From Our Network
- Does banned Pakistani cricketer Danish Kaneria seek asylum in India?
- AIB’s Tanmay Bhat mocks Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar in a disrespectful video; gets slammed by B-town celebs
- Wife’s dear hubby: Will Shahid Kapoor miss ‘Udta Punjab’ promotions because of pregnant Mira Rajput?
- Airstrikes kill 23 in Syria, Russia denies involvement
- Preity Zinta to get married to American boyfriend?