New Delhi, Mar 7: Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan paying obeisance in a temple, scouting for wild animals on a safari, in deep contemplation at an ashram— these are among a panoply of advertisements that are set to greet those who use the Airport Metro Express line here.
The Gujarat government's advertisement campaign, ‘Khusbhoo Gujarat Ki', featuring the superstar, will soon change the face of the high-speed line with the state's tourism department signing a contract to brand one Delhi metro train for a period of three months.
The train featuring the advertisements was today flagged off from the New Delhi station by Vipul Mittra, Gujarat's principal secretary tourism.
“The department has selected the premier route to promote tourism not just among national but international tourists as well. This is the first time that a complete train has been covered with advertisements of a state tourism department,” Mittra said.
“The Lonely Planet endorsement along with the PATA award has give a huge boost to the tourism sector in Gujarat and we hope this initiative will further endorse the state as an exciting tourism destination,” he said.
From Our Network
- Bihar Board Class 10 results to be declared shortly, check it here
- Watch: When Katrina Kaif shut down a rude reporter with her calm reply
- Speed trial of Spanish-built Talgo train begins in Bareilley-Moradabad rail route
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches