The deceased duo were brought here from Kathmandu last afternoon following which the last rites took place at the Santa Cruz cremation ground here at around 5.30 pm.
The two were among the 15 people killed in the Nepal plane crash on Monday.
“We are still in state of shock...don't know what to say. I feel she was god's daughter, and has gone to God,” Taruni's father told reporters here.
The 14-year-old artist is best remembered for her role as Auro's (Amitabh Bachchan) friend in the national awarding winning film ‘Paa'.
Though no celebrities attended the funeral yesterday, Vidya Balan, who essayed the role of Bachchan's mother in ‘Paa', said, “I don't know how to react to this...to wake up to a news of Taruni passing away...It is very unfortunate for any parent to lose their child. And I really pray to God to give strength to her father to cope with this.”
“I remember Balki (director of ‘Paa') used to say that she (Taruni) is like a mature actor and you put her in any situation she will manage it,” the actress said at an event last evening.
Big B and son Abhishek also condoled her demise on micro-blogging site Twitter.
From Our Network
- India jump to fifth spot in world hockey rankings
- Global stocks tumble after Brexit vote, Rs 140 lakh crore lost in record trade
- ‘#FailedModiDiplomacy’: Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at PM Modi over NSG membership bid
- Censor board clears Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ without any cuts
- Mirzya trailer impresses Aamir Khan, Mr. Perfectionist sends love to the team