"We all are very happy.... It is a team effort but we should not be that excited as the film just got an entry from India. We are yet to be selected for the main entry. If the film gets a go ahead, we would take advice from Aamir (Khan) about how to go ahead," Ranbir said.
Only three films --Mehboob Khan's 'Mother India', Mira Nair's 'Salam Bombay!' and Aamir Khan starrer 'Lagaan'-- from India have managed to get to the final round of Oscar nominations so far.
The 29-year-old actor said he was happy to have touched so many people with his performance in the film where he plays the role of deaf and mute youth.
"The film has earned Rs 60 crore. It feels great.... We have reached so many people, touched so many hearts. Why only Rs 100 crore, everyone makes that mark. I would target for Rs 500 crore," Ranbir said on the film's box office prospects.
The 85th Academy Awards will take place on February 24, 2013.
From Our Network
- Narendra Modi, Ranbir Kapoor, Gandhi family controversy: 10 things Rishi Kapoor said in ‘Aap Ki Adalat’
- Tulsidasji, pranaam – writes ‘prodigal’ science topper Ruby Rai during re-test
- UP: Man gets bobbitised by 17-year-old Dalit girl during rape attempt
- India's NSG entry may take time, but will happen for sure: MEA
- After Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh gives a perfect reply to their ‘rumoured’ break-up