"We all are very happy.... It is a team effort but we should not be that excited as the film just got an entry from India. We are yet to be selected for the main entry. If the film gets a go ahead, we would take advice from Aamir (Khan) about how to go ahead," Ranbir said.
Only three films --Mehboob Khan's 'Mother India', Mira Nair's 'Salam Bombay!' and Aamir Khan starrer 'Lagaan'-- from India have managed to get to the final round of Oscar nominations so far.
The 29-year-old actor said he was happy to have touched so many people with his performance in the film where he plays the role of deaf and mute youth.
"The film has earned Rs 60 crore. It feels great.... We have reached so many people, touched so many hearts. Why only Rs 100 crore, everyone makes that mark. I would target for Rs 500 crore," Ranbir said on the film's box office prospects.
The 85th Academy Awards will take place on February 24, 2013.
From Our Network
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!
- 11 important facts you should know about Ravana
- 7 hottest avatars of Surveen Chawla, Hate Story 2 actress
- Gorilla killed after 4-yr-old falls into zoo enclosure
- What? Karan Patel cheated on Kamya Punjabi with Pratyusha Banerjee?