The trailer of Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor starrer Half Girlfriend is released today. The movie is the cinematic adaptation of author Chetan Bhagat’s book of the same title. With fresh pair of Arjun and Shraddha in a cliched story wrapped with some Bollywood masala, Chetan Bhagat’s tale of love has nothing new to offer.
1. Arjun Kapoor, who is playing the character of Bihari boy Madhav Jha in the film tries hard to convince with his accent. But, things don’t seem to be in his favour as if people are not convinced with his acting in a minute-long trailer, how will he manage to hold the audience for two and a half hour.
2. Shradhha Kapoor is playing the role of a rich Delhi girl Riya Somani. If you are thinking that you are going to see the gorgeous diva in a different avatar then the trailer will leave you disappointed. Apart from playing basketball, there is nothing new that Shraddha has done in this film.
3. The background music in the trailer during some scenes resembles with director Mohit Suri’s previous film Ek Villan. One thing that is going to be wonderful in Half Girlfriend is its music as Mohit’s films are known for its wonderful music.
4. This is the era when audiences are keener to watch realistic films and if you have read the book, you are aware that it is far away from reality. Though, Chetan’s previous books when made into movies received good response at the box office but time has changed so are the choices of movie buffs.
5. Sometimes an average story is saved by powerful acting. In this year of competition, will Arjun and Shraddha be able to offer something unique to the audience? Apart from looking good and trendy, Shraddha has done nothing in the trailer. Arjun should have taken lessons from Alia before playing a Bihari character as the lady nailed as Bihari migrant in Udta Punjab.
Half Girlfriend is slated to release on May 19.