Jab Harry Met Sejal is already making headlines, be it for its mini trails or its tussle with the Censor Board. CBFC chief Pahlaj Nihalani releases a statement that he would allow the word ‘Intercourse’ to go in Shah Rukh Khan’s upcoming ‘Jab Harry Met Sejal’ but only on one condition. He puts a clause that if he gets one lakh votes from common people in the support of this word, he will let the word pass in the movie. Pahlaj made this statement in an interview to a TV Channel. He also challenged that he would like to see if the Indian families are okay with their 12-year olds hearing the world intercourse.
In an interview to a TV channel, he said: "You take voting from the public and I will clear the word (intercourse) on the promo and the film also. I want 1 lakh votes and I want to see that India has changed and Indian families want their 12-year-old kids to understand the meaning of this word (intercourse)."
The film's second mini promo, released on Monday on the internet, where female lead Anushka Sharma uttered the word "intercourse" in one of the scenes has been disapproved by the CBFC for airing on television.
After watching the promo, Nihalani told an English daily that they have granted a U/A certification to the trailer on condition of deletion of the intercourse dialogue. "They're yet to come back to us on that. So in principle, the trailer has not been passed yet," he said.
"They've uploaded the uncut trailer on YouTube. The CBFC cannot stop content on the internet. But we can and will stop the broadcast of the uncensored footage on television," he added.
‘Jab Harry Met Sejal’ is Imtiaz Ali’s upcoming film which stars Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma in the lead roles. The mini trails the film were released last week. The flick is slated to release on August 4 averting the clash with Akshay Kumar’s ‘Toilet: Ek Prem Katha’.