Gujarat’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) today released its fifth list of candidates for the second phase of Assembly elections. 93 Assembly Constituencies will go to polls in the second phase of elections on December 14.
The second list consists of 13 candidates out of which four are Patidars including Gujarat minister Vallabhbhai Kakadiya. Narayanbhai Patel, Ramanbhai Patel and Pankaj Desai are the three other Patidars whose names figure in the list.
- Gujarat elections: BJP to begin massive poll campaign with PM Modi's 8 rallies in 2 days
- Hardik Patel Exclusive: 'All castes should be given reservation in proportion to population’
- Gujarat polls: Gandhinagar Arch Bishop asks Christians of state to defeat ‘nationalist forces’
- Gujarat polls: War of words hits new low, Youth Congress leader mocks Modi-Shah by calling them ‘Ranga-Billa’
- Gujarat doesn't just belong to big industrialists, it belongs to farmers: Rahul Gandhi
The list also includes the name of renowned Gujarati actor Hitesh Kanodia who will contest from Ider Assembly constituency.
The fifth list of the BJP includes the names of Mavjibhai Desai (Dhanera), Vijaybhai Harkhabhai Chakravati (Vadgam), Ranchhodbhai Rabari (Patan), Narayanbhai L.Patel (Unjha), Karshanbhai Punjabhai Solanki (Kadi), Ramanbhai Patel (Vijapur), Hiteshbhai Kanodiya (Ider), Balrajsinh Kalyansinh Chauhan (Dahegam), Amitbhai Chaudhary (Mansa), Vallbhabhai Kakadiya (Thakkarbapanagar), Kalubhai Dabhi (Dhandhuka), Pankajbhai Desai(Nadiad), Sumanben Pravinsinh Chauhan (Kaalol).
The BJP has announced the names of 147 candidates so far. The voting for 182 Assembly constituencies will be held in two phases on December 9 and 14. The counting of votes will take place on December 18.