Japan's top automaker said no accidents have been reported related to these two problems announced Wednesday.
Some 1.51 million vehicles are being recalled for the steering defect in Japan and 1.25 million vehicles abroad, including 670,000 in the U.S.
Affected models include the Prius hybrid, Corolla, Wish and other models produced in Japan from 2000 to last year, and from 2000 to 2009 overseas.
Toyota is also recalling 630,000 vehicles spanning five hybrid models, including the Prius, for a defective water pump.
Last month, Toyota had a recall for faulty power-window switches.
From Our Network
- 12 amazing facts about Apple's new 'spaceship' campus
- For bad loan issue, Raghuram Rajan blames ‘overall economic downturn’
- Details of Vijay Mallya's foreign assets must be shared with banks, rules SC
- Facebook rolls out ‘Hindi Transliteration’ feature to let users type in Devanagari
- Applying for job in SBI? Check you credit history
- After Jennifer Winget, Karan Singh Grover’s first wife Shraddha Nigam speaks up on his wedding with Bipasha Basu
- Forget Anushka, Virat spends special moments with 'the most beautiful woman in the world' (see pic)
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Alia Bhatt looks smoking hot on Filmfare cover
- Holi Hai: Shahnaz Hussain’s Skin & Hair Care Tips