They need to have them because many people don't have the budget for more expensive phones.
In fact many players like Sony, Motorola and to some extent even LG have more or less been dormant in this space. However, Nokia continues to have some very good options (for Nokia its feature phone segment is a life saver as its smartphones aren't doing really well). And Samsung too has maintained its focus on the segment despite having tasted big success in smartphones.
Indian players on the other hand are focused on bringing smartphones at a cheaper price. Here we have selected the five best phones that you can buy for less than Rs 5,000. All of them are really good quality devices and are feature rich.
Nokia Asha 305 (Rs 4,500)
This dual SIM phone is the latest from Nokia and boasts industry leading quality. The phone has a 3.0 inch resistive touchscreen which is sort of a let-down in this age of capacitive touchscreens. However, quality is great. Nokia has put 7 preloaded games in the phone and another 40 can be downloaded from the Nokia store.
The phone has a 2 megapixel camera which is just ok, but the phone has very decent battery backup of up to 14 hours' talktime.
On the downside you don't get 3G or WiFi but the phone does support GPRS. Overall a very good quality phone and it is also very good value for money.
From Our Network
- HDFC MF chief Milind Barve gets Rs 26.21 cr in salary, ESOPs
- For bad loan issue, Raghuram Rajan blames ‘overall economic downturn’
- Details of Vijay Mallya's foreign assets must be shared with banks, rules SC
- Facebook rolls out ‘Hindi Transliteration’ feature to let users type in Devanagari
- Applying for job in SBI? Check you credit history
- Adorable! Ranveer Singh calls Deepika Padukone ‘meri wali’
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM candidate: Prashant Kishor trying to kill two birds with one stone?
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Astrologer had predicted Kangana would have demonic influence in her life on Salman’s show