New Delhi: It is a no hidden fact that Gujarat and Gujarati people continue to be at the forefront of India's economic development. While the global economy may be feeling the jitters, the Gujarati businessmen have been able to maintain consistent growth rate in the companies they are leading.
Undoubtedly, there's an inherent spirit of adventure and entrepreneurship in Gujaratis that has led to their phenomenal success as a community in all their adopted lands. Let's take a look at top 10 Gujarati billionaires.
Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries, controls one of the world's biggest oil refining complex at Jamnagar in the western Indian state of Gujarat, with capacity to process 1.24 million bpd of crude. As per the Hurun India Rich List for 2014, Mukesh Ambani's wealth has risen 37 per cent to Rs 1.65 lakh crore this year. RIL posted a 13.7 per cent jump in its April-June quarter net profit to almost $1 billion, the highest quarterly profit by a private firm, on the back of higher refining margins, better petrochem earnings and surge in US shale gas business. Mukesh was born on April 19, 1957 to Dhirubhai Ambani and Kokilaben Ambani. He is not only admired among the head honchos of India Inc for leadership, he has also received high praise from Prime Minister Narendra Modi, for putting the state on global map.
From Our Network
- Govt releases Rs 9,367 cr under MGNREGA to drought-hit states
- The current status and future prospects of affordable housing in India
- HDFC MF chief Milind Barve gets Rs 26.21 cr in salary, ESOPs
- For bad loan issue, Raghuram Rajan blames ‘overall economic downturn’
- Details of Vijay Mallya's foreign assets must be shared with banks, rules SC
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- She still got the moves: Aishwarya dancing on Dola Re, Dhoom Machale will make you go WOW!
- London likely to get first Muslim mayor, opponent plays Modi card
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- Ajay Devgn avoids clash with SRK but plans to go head-on with Karan Johar