The Centuro has already created a lot of buzz in the market with its design and features and is likely to give leaders Hero MotoCorp, Bajaj, and Honda some serious competition. The bike has been designed and developed from the ground-up at their R&D facility in Pune, in view of demands and distinctive feedback received from thousands of customers in the segment.
Unveiling the new bike, Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra said the company's success in the two-wheeler territory had proved wrong sceptics who had advised him against venturing into the segment.
“The Centuro is a prayaag, a confluence of customer feedback, out-of-the-box thinking and indigenous designing,” he said.
At Rs. 45,000, the Centuro is all set to go up against the Hero Passion Pro which starts at Rs. 45,850 for the spoke/kick Variant and the Honda Dream Yuga with starts at Rs. 45,101.
Let us take a look at some really interesting features of the bike:
Under the tank of the Centuro, there is an indigenously developed, 106.7-cc, MCi-5 (Micro Chip Ignited-5 Curve) single cylinder, air cooled four-stroke motor developing 8.4PS and a four-speed transmission. The bike has a 5-step rear suspension to provide greater riding comfort on Indian roads. It produces 8.5 bhp at 8500 rpm and a maximum torque of 8.5 Nm at 5500 rpm. It has four speed manual transmission and can zoom to 60kmph from rest in 8.9 seconds.
From Our Network
- "Ek Nayi Subah": Criticism comes from people affected by curbing of corruption, says PM Modi
- Pakistan can target Delhi from Kahuta in five minutes, says father of Pakistan's nuclear programme
- As RCB gears up for high octane IPL final, Kohli says, it will be a close game
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi
- Elderly Christian woman stripped naked and paraded through streets by mob