The second generation Nexus 7 tablet is expected to feature thinner bezel and its display will also sport a higher resolution. Google aims to price this tablet aggressively so that more users would prefer buying this tablet.
Google teamed up with Asus to compete with the Amazon's Kindle Fire and lately, even Apple iPad Mini. After the success of the affordable Asus Nexus 7 tablet, both companies have planned a better and more powerful successor.
The sources informed that Google weighed both Nvidia as well as Qualcomm mobile processors. At the end, the Qualcomm Snapdragon series mobile processor was chosen for power reasons.
Recently, Qualcomm released couple of apps that would aid better power management for its Snapdragon family of processors. As of now, there are no details on whether the tablet will feature a dual-core or a quad-core Snapdragon processor.
Google I/O conference is scheduled mid-May and the Internet software giant is expected to announce this second generation Nexus 7 tablet along with new Android Key Lime Pie update.
From Our Network
- Reliance Jio now available to select consumers in 17 circles, offer through invitation only
- The current status and future prospects of affordable housing in India
- HDFC MF chief Milind Barve gets Rs 26.21 cr in salary, ESOPs
- For bad loan issue, Raghuram Rajan blames ‘overall economic downturn’
- Details of Vijay Mallya's foreign assets must be shared with banks, rules SC
- Guess who is Ranbir Kapoor’s best friend in B-town now? Kangana Ranaut
- The Kapil Sharma Show Vs Colors: Humour wins over historical saga of Bajirao-Mastani; features among Top 5 shows
- Raees Vs Kabil: Rakesh Roshan REACTS to Hrithik-SRK’s box-office clash!
- 10 hottest pictures of Poonam Pandey on Twitter!
- 3 arrested for allegedly raping nursing student in Kerala