While the base version is priced at Rs. 5.82 lakh (ex-showroom, Thane), the top-end model will cost you Rs 7.36 lakh.
The model is targeted at buyers of diesel hatchback and entry level sedan customers.
Based on the Xylo MPV platform, it is a sub-four metre vehicle, registered as a seven-seater due to two sideways-facing seats at the rear.
The engine comes mated to a 5-Speed manual transmission. The ARAI certified fuel economy figure is 17.21kmpl.
The Quanto sports a three-cylinder 1.5-litre diesel engine based on the mHawk, delivering a peak power of 100 BHP with a maximum torque of 240 Nm at 1600-2800 rpm.
In all, the model is available in six colour options -- Fiery Black, Java Brown, Mist Silver, Toreador Red, Rocky Beige and Diamond While.
On the inside, the SUV looks very similar to the Xylo.
Speaking at the launch, Pawan Goenka, president, automotive and farm equipment, said the Quanto is unlikely to face capacity issues like XUV 500 witnessed.
The company plans to export the vehicle to Europe and South Africa, said Pravin Shah, chief executive, automotive division.
The company plans to sell 1,500-2,000 Quantos a year.
Here is the list of variants:
2012 Mahindra Quanto C2 - Rs 5.82 lakh
2012 Mahindra Quanto C4 - Rs 6.35 lakh
2012 Mahindra Quanto C6 - Rs 6.86 lakh
2012 Mahindra Quanto C8 - Rs 7.36 lakh
From Our Network
- Sultan trailer: Decoding why this Salman Khan starrer will gross Rs 500 cr at box office (Watch)
- Thank you for attending, but seating as per protocol: Jayalalithaa tells Stalin
- Salman’s sister Arpita Khan Sharma shuts haters on social media with ‘harsh’ message
- Kangana Ranaut gives a surprising reaction to Irrfan Khan’s ‘hero’ statement against her
- Is Richa Chadha upset with ‘Sarbjit’ makers post release?